Life can be stressful, and it can be all too easy to end up feeling sick and tired because of the stress of work and personal life.
If you’ve been having a particularly hard time lately with your life, you might be searching for some relaxing things to do that will help you stay relaxed and happy.
Today we have some simple hobbies you can take up to help you relax and take your mind off the stresses of the day.
Baking is such a relaxing hobby, and baking bread in particular can be such a great way to feel a sense of achievement from your work. Bread comes in many forms; from pizza to ciabatta – and it is an art form you can truly enjoy and thrive with. Looking for a simple bread recipe? Here’s one to get you started.
- 500g bread flour
- 7g dry active yeast
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 325ml lukewarm water
- In a jug, add your sugar, oil, and yeast to lukewarm water. Leave for at least 10 minutes until it looks fizzy. This means that the yeast has activated.
- Add your yeast water to flour and salt and mix until a loose dough forms, turn out into a floured work surface.
- Knead the dough for 8-10 minutes until it is smooth and easy to handle.
- Place in an oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Leave for 2 hours or until doubled in size.
- Punch out the air from the dough and turn out into a floured work surface.
- Here you can either split the dough into 8 for bread rolls, or make one large loaf.
- Shape into balls or add to your baking vessel and leave for 15 minutes.
- Bake at 200C for 15 minutes if rolls, and for 25-30 minutes for a loaf.
- Check that the bread is cooked by tapping the bottom – of it sounds hollow it’s done!
Practice yoga outside
If you suffer from chronic aches and pains and often rely on cbd products to help relieve it, starting to practice yoga is a great idea. Try heading out into the garden to go to a local park and enjoy some fresh air while you do some stretches. Yoga is such an important part of your fitness and health routine but it is also fun and super relaxing.
Try watercolour painting
If you are looking for a relaxing hobby to take up at the weekends, get yourself a watercolour paint palette and some paper and start creating. Watercolour is such a relaxing thing to do because you can create pools on the paper and watch as colours spread and mix. It can be a great way to wile away the time on a rainy day and will help your brain to relax and refresh.
Try a few of these different ideas if you are looking for a new hobby to help you relax this year.